Wimbledon 2021 kicks off on Monday 28 June up to Sunday 11 July 2021. The event will take place in UK, AELTC which is in London. This is among the Grand Slams in the world.
Below is a guide on how to stream live the tournament from Germany. In Germany you can stream through the Sky Deutschland channel. For you to unblock some listed channels for live streaming, you are required to use Smart DNS or VPN. You can stream live on devices compatible with BBC iPlayer such as Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Chromecast, Xbox, Now TV, Roku, Apple TV 4, PS4, PS3, Amazon Fire TV, Sony Smart TV, pc and LG Smart TV.
How to stream live online Wimbledon 2021 with VPN (Germany)
Free streaming of Wimbledon outside UK is geo-blocked. If you try catching up or watching Wimbledon 2018 outside UK on BBC, there is a possibility of getting geo-errors such as “this content is not available in your location. Please try again later.”, “BBC iPlayer programs are available to play in the UK only.”, BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, its due to right issues.”
To watch Wimbledon 2021 from Germany, follow the steps below:
1. Sign up with an ExpressVPN service (30 Days risk-free Access)
2. Download then install that VPN application to what you will use to watch either iOS device, Android, Mac or PC.
3. Launch that VPN application than using the VPN account details you signed up with sign in.
4. Connect now to any UK VPN server.
5. Lastly, you can launch the iPlayer application or visit the BBC iPlayer site.
6. Watch Wimbledon 2018 from any part of the world including Germany.
Since 2015, BBC started blacklisting some VPN IP address and therefore you might get the error message even when linked to UK server. For that reasons, when signing up VPN account, ensure that the service still works hand-in-hand with iPlayer. Trials of different VPNs have proved ExpressVPN as the best of VPN service to make use off for bypassing regional restrictions. Such bypass includes the ability to stream iPlayer BBC far from UK.
How to use Smart DNS to stream live online Wimbledon 2021
This is another way of by passing regional restrictions as well as unblocking channels unavailable in your country. For this service, you do not receive new IP address like with VPNs but rather you redirect traffic partially and the channels which you are able to unblock depend solely on the Smart DNS service which you make use of.
Below are steps on how to use the DNS for unblocking BBC overseas hence watch Wimbledon 2018 from Germany:
1. Head to Unlocator then sign up for a trial of 7 days. Unlocator is highly recommended as it’s the Smart DNS proxy service proved to enable watching abroad without issues. With the trial you need not pay anything while watching.
2. After signing up, follow the steps of configuring Smart DNS on that device which you are live streaming with. To configure Unlocator you can choose to setup your router or device. If you go by setting up your router, then this means that all devices connected to that router will be in a position to use that service. For experienced users of DNS, all you need to do is change the device DNS to 189.037.037.037 and 185.037.039.039
3. Launch iPlayer BBC application or rather visit BBC website.
4. You can now stream live Wimbledon 2018 from Germany.
The top contenders in 2021 Wimbledon are Simona Halep, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Carl Suarez, Petra Kvitova, Andy Murray, Serena Williams and Novac Djokovic. Roger Federer was the 2017 winner of the Wimbledon by beating immensely Marin Cilic who was injured in the final set win.
Why miss the chance of watching Wimbledon 2021?
You really should not miss watching such victories even when away from the UK. Use devices compatible with BBC iPlayer such as Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Chromecast, Xbox, Now TV, Roku, Apple TV 4, PS4, PS3, Amazon Fire TV, Sony Smart TV, pc and LG Smart TV and try the above mentioned methods to stream online from Germany and enjoy watching the tournament live.